Earlier today, Adobe released its Photoshop Touch app for the iPad (App Store link), allowing users to professionally edit photos on the device. The app includes a number of features currently available to Photoshop users on desktop computers, as well as social integration and integration with iOS’ AirPrint feature.
Full release notes are below:
Transform images with core Adobeб╝ Photoshopб╝ features in an app designed for tablets.
Combine images, apply professional effects, share results with friends and family through sites like Facebook, and more Б─⌠ all from the convenience of your iPad.
- Use popular Photoshop features designed for the tablet such as layers, selection tools, adjustments, and filters to create mind-blowing images.
- Use your iPad camera to fill an area on a layer with the unique camera fill feature.
- Select part of an image to extract by scribbling with the Scribble Selection tool. With Refine Edge, use your fingertip to capture even hard-to-select image elements, like hair, with ease.
- Search and acquire images with the integrated Google Image Search.
- Share images on Facebook and view comments right within the app.
- Browse an inspirational gallery for the styles and results you’d like to achieve. Then follow step-by-step tutorials to easily learn techniques the pros use for great-looking results.
- Use AirPrint for wireless printing of Photoshop Touch projects.
- Upload projects to Adobe Creative Cloud* and open layered files from Adobe Photoshop Touch in Photoshop CS5.
- Maximum image resolution: 1600 x 1600 pixels
The app requires an iPad 2 running iOS 5 or better, and is available in English only. It costs $9.99 to download.