Apple has just seeded iOS 5 beta 3 to registered developers. Build number is 9A5259f. A new iTunes 10.5 beta for Mac OS X has also been released.
Stay tuned for updates. We're installing the beta right now.
UPDATE: Changes as we find them are below:
- Location Services can now be enabled or disabled right from initial setup:
- You can disable/enable which system services to have location services:
- Software Update now shows what version you have installed:
- iTunes Wi-Fi Sync new name:
- Voice Roaming added:
- Clear Cookies and Data has been added back in Safari settings:
- New Advanced menu in Safari preferences:
- Inside the Advanced menu:
- When entering the Music app on iOS 5 beta 3:
- From an initial standpoint, the entire beta just seems more snappier. Lots of bugs have been addressed and performance seems to be improved.
- Reminders has a new icon:
- Music has a "Store" button that brings you to the iTunes Store:
- You can now create a new "Mailbox" directly from the Mail app:
- Sources are reporting that there is a new "Assistive Touch" feature in beta 3 that allows you to access things like volume controls without actually hitting the volume rockers on the device. This feature doesn't work for us at this time, however.